Ever wish you could just take the edge off after a long, stressful day with the snap of your fingers?
Consider it possible. Research has long proven that something as simple as laughter improves your mood, helps you cope with difficult situations, helps you relax and boosts your immune system. The great thing about laughter is that it can be right at your fingertips.
When was the last time you laughed?
I have to confess up until pretty recently I wasn’t laughing as often as I used to.
Back in high school I was part of the so-called heeheehaha club – a term a friend of mine coined for my best friend and me. We would only have to look at each other and we’d soon both be roaring with laughter – for no reason. (Disclaimer: no substances were involved, never was my thing, never will be)
And it felt great. It was so invigorating, calming and most of all FUN.
So, how can you suddenly shift moods and start laughing? Get a game plan on and start thinking of things that make you laugh. It’s absolutely doable. Here are some ideas you can use when you know you could use a good laugh (and not at the expense of others):
- Watch a funny video or show (SNL’s cowbell and Jerry Seinfeld’s Kramer always make me giggle)
- Go to a comedy club
- Collect pictures of things that make you laugh
- Try improv comedy (it can be great for situations to help you think on your feet)
- Pick up a book on jokes or something humorous
- Share a joke with others
- Do laughter yoga (learn how to laugh for no reason)
- Learn to laugh at yourself (as long as it’s not mean)
If you like this and want more specific resources to improve your health and wellness download your complimentary guide “6 Wellness Trends You Need to Know About Right Now” here.