Get your pen and paper ready because this episode is jam-packed with tips and tricks from a pro chef to make your kitchen a place you love to be in.
I got the chance to interview Chef James Barry, who has extensive experience as a private chef, cooking for a who’s-who in Hollywood. He started Wholesome2Go, a healthy, high-quality food delivery company that serves the Los Angeles area. He currently consults, writes cookbooks, and runs the website, EatNakedNow.com He is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC and a healing food specialist. James co-authored the recipes in Margaret Floyd’s book Eat Naked and co-authored the follow-up cookbook The Naked Foods Cookbook.
Just a few of the highlights Chef James covers:
- What you absolutely must have and do to have a healthy kitchen
- Quick and healthy recipes that will make your mouth water
- Simple ways to make grocery shopping and cooking a breeze
Tune in and listen to thesetakeawayss you don’t want to miss:
- [2:16] The very tools you need to cook easy, quick meals
- [4:11] The very first thing you need to do to have a kitchen that you love
- [5:36] One of the biggest mistakes we make when choosing healthy snacks for our kitchen
- [8:51] The #1 thing that gets overlooked to having a hygienic kitchen – this grossed me out!
- [15:40] Why you need to understand what exactly is in your food and what it gets exposed to now more than ever
- [17:30] How to make grocery shopping easier
- [19:32] The best places to shop for healthy food and especially fresh produce
- [22:30] Chef James’ advice on how to make grocery shopping work for your budget
- [26:21] Chef James’ #1 piece of advice on how to control emotional eating
- [28:26] Chef James’ quick, mouthwatering meal that works for the whole family
- [33:55] How to get your kids to eat more veggies
- [35:48] A healthy gluten-free fried chicken
- [38:19] What’s next for Chef James in the kitchen
- [43:18] Another must-have tool that’s like a personal assistant in the kitchen
- [45:43] How Chef James’s intuition helps him in the kitchen
- [48:33] Chef James’ secret weapon to making dishes pop with flavor
- [50:43] Chef James’ #1 piece of advice to having a kitchen you love cooking in